Welcome to a new feature here at RubenJay.com called Take 5. I am going to give you 5 thoughts about whatever I want. Whenever I want. They may be unpopular. Or they may be extremely popular. So here we go: Take 5 -American Idol Edition!
Take 5: American Idol
- The Judges are amazing this year. I found myself laughing more than I ever have before. The Voice had the lock on most compatible “judges” (I know they aren’t called Judges on The Voice), but I think Idol has the most compatible panel to date. At one point, Ryan said “the best panel we’ve ever assembled” and I can’t agree with him more. One thing that I have a problem with the new panel is that I don’t know if they can be serious when they need to be. So far it’s all fun and games. But this panel is the most entertaining panel they’ve ever had on Idol. And I also will say they seem to be the most knowledgable.
- The Contestants are no longer a majority pop stars. Not that any major popstar was really ever crowned a winner outside of Kelly Clarkson (although she does country pretty well). It seems like pop singers aren’t going to be made on these shows anymore. The Voice has had more rock singers win than anything, but season 4 created a new country star and season 5 created a new reagge star. The X Factor has yet to create a star, but Alex and Sierra have won and they are their own genre.
- Less Ryan might be a good thing. Sure, they are focusing on the new judges for now. But even in past seasons, Ryan was always as dominate a character on screen as the judges and contestants. Obviously when the show goes live Ryan will be on way more than now. But, it’s kinda refreshing not having Ryan in every other scene. Now, it’s also no secret that I have an unhealthy man crush on Mr. Seacrest, but I am all for making the show feel fresh.
- The New tickets are amazing. I know, that’s a minor thing for me to talk about, but the new golden tickets look legit!
- The Show is being shot differently than previous sessions. The show legitimately feels fresh. I am excited to see how this season fairs in the rating. One of the biggest things that I noticed was a surplus of positive comments from people on Social Media about Idol returning. I hope thats a good thing.
At the end of the day, I’ve been very vocal on my excitement for the New American Idol. They should just call it “The New Idol”.