Erica Torres – Lead Vocals/Rhythm Guitar
Jeannette Lawler – Drums / Backing Vocals
Jennalyn Alonzo – Lead Guitar / Backing Vocals
Oli Navarro – Bass / Backing Vocals
1. What led you to a career in music?
Erica: Back in elementary school, I joined band and fell in love with reading sheet music and performing in front of people. Since then, I knew that was what I wanted to do.
2. Tell us about your very first gig?
Erica: Our first gig was as a previous band (Golly Gee Whiz which was Jenna/Erica/Oli). We played a few covers because we didn’t have enough original songs for a full set. It was terrible, but we definitely learned a lot from the experience.
3. Who’s been your favorite musician to work with so far?
Erica/Jenna: The guys in Phantom Party! They have a similar drive as us and even started out as a different band. They know how to throw a hell of a show and it’s always a party being around those guys. Possibly because one of us is always on tour.
4. What about a ‘bucket list’ musician/band, anyone you’d love to work with but haven’t
had the opportunity to yet?
Erica: Yes, I would love to open up a show for Silverstein or Senses Fail.
5. What is your favorite part about your job?
We all LOVE to perform. We love writing very much but sharing our music in-person is an exhilarating experience.
6. What makes you unique, what do you do to stand out from other musicians in your
Erica: Off the bat, just being women who rock.
Jenna: Other than the obvious, we work hard and we make an effort to be a part of our scene and help other musicians along the way.
7. Who are your mentors? Who has influenced your career the most?
Jenna/Erica: Tegan and Sara. They’re not the same genre as us at all, but they’re women who started their music careers young, from the ground floor and worked very hard to get to where they are today. They’ve learned a lot from experience and just getting out there. It’s definitely inspiring to see them do so well and constantly be growing. They’re probably one of the only bands I’ve listened to their interviews just as much as their music.
8. What are your long-term goals for your career, where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Touring all the time! A world tour is the long-term goal.
9. What advice would you give to up and comers trying to break into the music business?
Jenna: Set goals and make them happen. Learn everything and meet everyone.