Billionaire Elon Musk has saved the day for the Ukraine government when it comes to internet access, the Daily Wire reports.
The Ukrainian government requested Musk’s assistance in setting up SpaceX’s Starlink satellite broadband service. Doing so would give the Ukraine’s the ability to access internet while being attacked by the Russian forces.
The Vice-Prime Minister of Ukraine made the request to Musk via a Tweet writing ““@elonmusk, while you try to colonize Mars — Russia try to occupy Ukraine! While your rockets successfully land from space — Russian rockets attack Ukrainian civil people! We ask you to provide Ukraine with Starlink stations and to address sane Russians to stand.”
Musk replied Starlink service is now active in Ukraine…More terminals en route.”
Here is how the world reacted, via the Daily Wire:
- Ukraine: “Thanx, appreciate it.”
- Mykhailo Fedorov, Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine: “Starlink terminals are coming to Ukraine! Thank you @elonmusk , thank you everyone, who supported Ukraine!”
- Robert C. O’Brien, former national security adviser: “I said in my remarks to @CPAC today that @elonmusk is one of the reasons America will ultimately prevail against #Russia and #China. Below is Exhibit A in support of my argument. #Ukraine #Freedom”
- Payton Alexander, attorney: “The people of Ukraine, an embattled war-torn country, will now receive high speed, low latency, broadband internet from space. Russia cannot touch it.”
- Klon Kitchen, AEI senior fellow: “Awesome. Also, a major example of how the national security burden is now shared with the private sector in fundamental and powerful ways. Well done @elonmusk (but we should talk about China).”
- Maye Musk, Elon Musk’s mother: “@elonmusk Wonderful! #ProudMom #StopTheWar #Ukraine.”
- Bel Trew, reporter: “Well this is quite something. One of the biggest fears among Ukrainians I’ve been speaking to is being completely cut off from the world while the worst attacks happens.”
- Brendan Carr, FCC Commissioner: “Great to see! America has a strategic interest in allied enterprises beaming Internet abroad—from Cuba to Afghanistan & now Ukraine. Bills introduced last year by @marcorubio @SenRickScott @RepMariaSalazar would ensure the U.S. backs those efforts. Let’s pass those bills ASAP.”
- Scott Adams, political commentator: “Pushes a button and changes the course of history.”
- Scott Gilmore, magazine editor: “SpaceX donating starlink terminals means it’s now impossible for Russia to shut down the internet. This keeps Pres Zelenskyy connected to Ukrainians and keeps Ukrainians connected to the world. It’s a monumental boon to their fight.”
- Mike Cernovich, political commentator: “Elon Musk is Iron Man. The West sees all conflict now as a 3 act comic book movie.”