The iPhone 7, Apple watch 2, no headphone jack and a better camera. At the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco Tim Cook and the Apple team took to the stage to announce the next generation iPhone and accessories.
Apple Watch Series 2
The next generation of Apple’s smartwatch is water resistant. It’s also has built-in GPS so it doesn’t have to be connected to an iPhone. Apple Watch Series 2 also features a brighter display, a dual-core processor and watch OS 3. Apple Watch Series 2 will be available in more than 25 countries beginning Friday, September 16.
Apple introduced the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. The new iPhone features new advanced camera systems that take pictures like never before, more power and performance with the best battery life ever in an iPhone, immersive stereo speakers, wide color system from camera to display, two new beautiful finishes, and is the first water and dust resistant iPhone. iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available in more than 25 countries beginning Friday, September 16.
- Camera: The 12-megapixel camera includes optical image stabilization, a larger ƒ/1.8 aperture and 6-element lens. New 7-megapixel FaceTime HD camera. New Quad-LED True Tone® flash that is 50 percent brighter than iPhone 6s. New Apple-designed Image Signal Processor.
- The new custom-designed Apple A10 Fusion chip features a new architecture, making it the most powerful chip ever in a smartphone, while also getting more time between charges with the longest battery life ever in an iPhone.
- Headphones: AirPods, Apple’s new wireless headphones, feature the new Apple W1 chip, AirPods have extremely efficient wireless communication for a better connection, improved sound and battery life. AirPods also allow access to Siri with a double tap. New iPhones will come with a 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter to use old headphones and accessories.
- An entirely re-engineered enclosure is water and dust resistant.
- The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus come in silver, gold and rose gold finishes and two all-new black finishes.
“iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus dramatically improve every aspect of the iPhone experience, reaching a new level of innovation and precision to make this the best iPhone we have ever made,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “The completely redesigned cameras shoot incredible photos and videos day or night, the A10 Fusion chip is the most powerful chip on any smartphone while delivering the best battery life ever in an iPhone, and an entirely new stereo speaker system provides twice the sound, all within the first water and dust resistant iPhone.”
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available in more than 25 countries beginning Friday, September 16.