During season 4 of the Voice, The Swon Brothers stole the hearts of America. They became the team to beat with Blake Shelton and unfortunately got sent home during Top 4. Well, they went from covering songs to performing their own in their debut self-titled album! Here are 7 thoughts on their debut album.
- They made country music fun! What more fun than two young guys singing about partying, relationships, heartbreak and life? They took country music and made it fun and energetic again. There is nothing like them in the market. I seriously can’t wait until they’re in Los Angeles.
- They gave me a few lines to use on the next girl I flirt with. In “Chasing you around”, they have a few phrases that I might use. But really, they show that the they are both sweet talkers. And they also address the issue of girls making guys chase them just as sport. Speak the truth Swons!
- This is an album that you can listen to over and over again. Literally. I listen to it on the plane, on long drives, and while I am working in the office. I usually have my iphone set to “repeat all” when I listen to this album.
- They’re great story tellers. In “What I’m Thinking About” they tell this story of being out and about but really wanting to be intimate with the person they’re with. They are vivid about putting the tip on the tab and heading home. Seriously great story telling.
- They’re relatable. The hardest thing to do is be relatable. They write for people of all ages and every guy know what it’s like to be a character in their music.
- Their harmonies are to die for. These guys are known for their harmonies on The Voice and they make it happen on their album as well. Seriously, listen to the album and hear their harmonies. It’ll make you swoon.
- They’ve create identity. The hardest thing to do from coming off a show like the Voice is to show people the real you. On the show, you have a gimmick. The guys had the gimmick of being the country boys who paid respect for veterans. Now, they have become themselves.
My closing thought on this album is that you need to buy it. They bring a new flavor to country and you will be singing and dancing and crying along. This is an album that you don’t want to keep out of your life. GET IT NOW!!!